CS Internship Program
Internships provide various opportunities for students to broaden their educational concepts through practical application by enabling them to appreciate the application of computing knowledge to industrial related projects.
Through exposure to meaningful and relevant workplace attachment, we hope to enable our students to apply their learning at the workplace, benefit from on-the-job learning and observing practitioners in action. On top of it provide them taste of work life environments and of the skill sets required. So that they are better prepared for their transition to the workplace after graduation. We will utilize alumni connections and help you take advantage of various institute and departmental resources to ensure you secure an internship that is best suited for you. Reach out to the Program Adviser or Planning & Development Office at NUTECH to setup a time to meet!
Through internships, we aim for the students to:
- Apply their computing knowledge in computing-related projects through attachment at organizations.
- Build good verbal and written communication skills Demonstrate professional standards and ethics in the workplace
- Understand the business and career paths in the company/industry
- Through assigned and duly graded industrial projects, students will have to apply classroom knowledge and creative abilities to solve real-world industrial problems.
- Students will be required to understand and value industrial culture and its differences with the academic environment and how to communicate within and adapt to industrial culture.
For organizations, the programme is an opportunity to tap into the talent that is being groomed in our Department. As a part of industrial requirement, students of CS Department have to pass 8 credit hours of internship that will be offered during summer after spring semester (3rd year).
Students will be encouraged and facilitated to do internship in every summer. However, it will be mandatory for all students to take part in a supervised and structured eight-week industrial internship program in the summer of their junior year.
Successful completion of eight weeks industrial internship will be required. This internship will be arranged by the university, and will be structured and supervised.
Ways to Engage with CS Internship Program
- Shortlisting of applicants & dispatch of letters to identified candidates for skill test & interview
- Skill tests to be conducted by respective authority and results compilation/ announcement.
- Issuance of Call letters & Medical / Mental Health screening
- Call letters to reserve candidates & Medical / Mental Health screening (if required).
- Final List communication for processing and dispatch to Supervising Organization.
- Verification of CNIC through NADRA.
- Verification of Degree/ Diploma/ Experience certificates.