Rules & Regulations
- Identity/university card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- In case of lost library card, please immediately report to the circulation staff so that your membership will be temporarily blocked to prevent misuse of library card.
- Make sure you have provided correct information while filling your library membership form.Leave your personal belongings outside the library.
- Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library.
- Keep your mobiles switched-off within the library premises.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff or in any other section of the library.After reading, leave books on the table or on the book trolley.
- Please do not shelve the books.Do not write, underline or mark any book.
- Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- Ask for help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material.
- While returning library books or other materials at the circulation desk, please ensure that the circulation staff has received the book(s).
Membership is provided to:
- Faculty (Including visiting)
- Administrative Staff/University employees
Library Membership Form:Library Membership Form can be downloaded from
Loan Privilege for Books
Following categories of members shall observe the loan schedule mentioned against each:
|a.||Teaching faculty members||5 books for 30 days|
|b.||All others||3 books for 14 days|
Terms of Loan
Information material of the following nature shall not be issued but consulted in the library:
- Works marked REFERENCE/RESERVED such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, etc.
- Current issues of periodicals and newspapers.
- Unprocessed/under process materialTheses, student’s project/ research reports, pamphlets.
- Non-printed material other than received as allied material.
- Works other than mentioned above may be issued on recommendation of Dean/Chair Department in temporarily loan category (i.e. for 2/3 hours)
- Loan may be got renewed for further fifteen days provided no other user has reserved it.
- Overdue material will not be reissued.
- If borrowed material is urgently required in the library, it may be called back.
- Librarian may withhold/ restrict circulation of any material.
- Books currently cannot be reissued on telephone/ by email.
Books and other information borrowed from NUTECH Library must be returned within the due date mentioned on due date slip.
Items not returned within due date will be fined as follow:
- Regular loan- Rs10 per day.
- If a fine exceeds Rs 1000 membership may be curtailed until the payment of the fine. The Competent Authority has the discretion to waive off any portion of the fine.
- If borrowed material is damaged or destroyed, the borrower will be asked to deposit a replacement or fine which may be up to three times of the actual cost of the material.
- In case an item or book which is a part of the set lost or damaged, the borrower will make the payment of the whole set.
- Any borrowed material not returned within 30 days of the due date will be considered lost.
Group Study Rooms
Faculty members and students can use Group Study Rooms for group study and academic discussion on prior reservation
- A group must be composed of four to eight members, however, atleast one of the member have to be Nutech student or faculty member who would be responsible for conduct of the group.
- The group representative must arrive at the reception at least 5 minutes before the booked time along with his/her Nutech ID card, library staff will unlock the room for the group.
- If a group does not show up within 15 minutes of reserved time, the reservation will be cancelled and the room will be allotted to the next group in line.
- Maintain a moderate volume of discussion as rooms are not soundproof and loud discussion would disturb other users in adjoining rooms and outside rooms.
- Please use LED Display and other equipment in Group Study Rooms carefully, the focal person will be responsible for any damages to electronic and other equipment.
- Use of the rooms is limited to Two (2) hours. The group may request for hourly extension if there is no standing reservation for the next hour.
- Rooms cannot be used for entertainment purposes (e.g. watching entertainment movies, having a party, etc.) or sleeping.
- No food or beverages can be consumed in the rooms.
- Properly handover the room to the library staff before leaving.